Summer in a tea cup. Sweet watermelon, cooling cucumber, and a salty crunch of olive toast to leave you wanting another sip.
- 1 watermelon, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- ½ lime, juiced
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp black olives
- 1 tsp capers
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Chop half of the cucumber into a large dice (roughly the same size as a small sugar cube), then freeze.
- Slice the remaining half of the cucumber and blitz in a food processor with the melon and lime juice. Strain through a sieve and chill until needed.
- Place the olives, capers, and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz. Drizzle in the olive until everything comes together in a smooth, spreadable paste.
- Toast the bread on a griddle pan, cut into rounds about the size of a 50p coin, rub the garlic on one side, then spread a small amount of the olive paste on top.
- Place a few cubes of frozen cucumber in the bottom of an espresso cup, and an olive toast on the saucer below. Pour the chilled soup over the cucumber (from a teapot if you want a bit of fun).