A fresh and vibrant side that’s perfect at spring time, especially with lamb.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 750g frozen peas
- 1 bunch fresh mint, ½ chopped, and ½ left whole on the stalk
- 1 small red chilli
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 200g feta, crumbled
- Olive oil, normal and extra virgin
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large pan, add the chopped onion, and cook gently for 5 mins without colouring.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the peas and mint on the stalk, and boil for 3 mins. Strain, and crush half of the peas with a fork or gently with a masher – the peas should retain some texture.
- Add the crushed and whole peas to the pan with the onion, then stir in the chilli and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped mint, feta, and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve with the lamb and carrots.