Serves 6 (in shot glasses)
- 1 knob unsalted butter
- ½ onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 100ml milk
- 300ml water
- 80g watercress
- 1 bunch parsley
- 6 oysters
- Salt & pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat until foaming. Add a splash of olive oil, the onion and a pinch of salt, and cook for 10 mins until soft.
- Add the milk and water, and when it’s come to a gentle boil drop in the watercress and parsley (including stalks), then leave to simmer for one minute.
- Remove from the heat, blend until smooth (if you want it to be super smooth, then pass through a fine sieve), season with salt and pepper, then put in the fridge to chill.
- Shuck the oysters, and serve alongside a shot glass of the chilled soup.