The classic side for haggis. No further explanation needed.
- 1 swede
- 3 baking potatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- Splash double cream
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Peel the potatoes, and chop each one into four. Peel the swede, and chop into pieces half the size of the potatoes – this will ensure that both cook at the same time.
- Place the swede and potato into a large saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil, and simmer for around 15 mins, or until soft.
- Drain the swede and potatoes, and leave in a colander on top of the saucepan for 5 mins until the steam evaporates.
- Return the veg to the saucepan, add the butter, and mash.
- Add cream, and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Taste, and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Serve in a dish, sprinkled with the parsley.